Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On Contentment

She said.

“(I am) Contented. But I want more.”

What the…??

It’s really vague.

How com you want more when you’re contented.

Maybe it’s just a mental state.

Contentment.

Does that mean asking for nothing more?

Satisfaction.

Does that mean not aiming for something better.

I don’t want to say I am contented.

Nor that I want something else.

I have so many wants.

Definitely I am not yet satisfied.

I am young.

And its too early to say I am contented.

Yet, I live with the simplicity of my life.

And trying hard to lower my expectations.

And keep my self in touch with reality.

Maybe that’s contentment.

Or maybe not.

More. Better. Greater. Happier. Lighter. Bigger. More. Higher. Farther. Kinder. Prettier. Sexier. Smarter. Lovelier.

There is always something, somewhere, someone, better.

I am not entirely satisfied, nor contented. But what’s important is,

I AM HAPPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment